- University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 2005, B.S., Materials Science and
- Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 2012, Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering
University, St. Louis, MO. Postdoc, Radiochemistry for in vivo bioimaging and therapy
Strategies for biomedical applications
applications of metal nanoparticles
diagnosis, and therapy of cancer
- KCL Black, TS Sileika, J Yi, R
Zhang, JG Rivera, PB Messersmith: Bacterial
Killing by Light?Triggered Release of Silver from Biomimetic Metal
Nanorods. Small (2013).
- Y Wang, KCL Black, H Luehmann, W Li, Y Zhang, X
Cai, D Wan, SY Liu, M Li, P Kim, ZY Li, LV Wang, Y Liu, Y Xia: Comparison
Study of Gold Nanohexapods, Nanorods, and Nanocages for Photothermal Cancer
Treatment. ACS nano 7(3), 2068-207 (2013).
- KCL Black, J Yi, JG Rivera, DC
Zelasko-Leon, PB Messersmith: Polydopamine-enabled
surface functionalization of gold nanorods for cancer cell-targeted imaging and
photothermal therapy. Nanomedicine
8(1), 17-28 (2013).
- KC Black, ND
Kirkpatrick, TS Troutman, L Xu, J Vagner, RJ Gillies, JK Barton, U Utzinger, M
Romanowski: Gold nanorods targeted to delta opioid receptor: plasmon-resonant
contrast and photothermal agents. Molecular imaging 7(1), 50 (2008).
Soccer playing, beer-brewing, creative writing, reading